Law Firm Practicing Real Estate Law
For most of us, buying or selling a home is very exciting, but it’s also one of the largest financial transactions of our lives. Due to the financial and legal factors involved, if you’re contemplating entering into, or are in the midst of, a real estate transaction, you should consult with a lawyer right away. The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C. has extensive experience with residential real estate transactions and can represent you if you are buying or selling a home.
Protecting Your Interests
If you plan to buy your first home, trade up to a larger home, or downsize now that your children are out on their own, a real estate attorney like Dan Fitzgerald can provide you with insight and legal guidance from start to finish.
If you’re a buyer, The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C. can:
- Explain the terms of your purchase contract
- Protect you from hidden liabilities with respect to your new home
- Review real estate documents that relate to your title, mortgage, and taxes
- Register legal documents pertaining to your real estate transaction
- Attend your closing and address your questions
- Ensure that you possess valid ownership documentation
If you’re a seller, The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C. can:
- Ensure that your purchase and sale agreement terms properly protect your interests
- Deal with any issues that arise with your title
- Handle all aspects of ordering and preparing title search reports and title insurance
- Order survey, association documentation and address any title issues prior to closing
- Draft all documents needed for the transfer of ownership to your purchaser
- Represent you during negotiations with the buyer and walk you through your closing
Why You Should Get a Real Estate Attorney in Naperville, IL
Most real estate sellers and buyers in Illinois do not close on a deal without a real estate attorney at their side. It’s just that important when it comes to protecting assets that can have a huge impact on your future.
The bottom line is whether you are a seller or a buyer, with a real estate attorney from The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C, at your side, you won’t have to slog through paperwork, negotiate agreements, or have a working knowledge of real estate law that is vital for getting a fair deal.
Think of it this way. If you are a seller you would want to get as much money as possible for your property but the buyer will want to purchase it for as little money as possible too. Both parties will have brokers who will try to win the argument in favor of their client. Plus, you will also have to deal with third parties such as mortgage lenders, condo associations, zoning boards, etc.
A real estate attorney can mediate with each party on your behalf and keep your best interests in mind. In other words, while you are busy with other aspects of the deal, they will ensure that the final deal is fair, legal and as profitable as possible. They will do this by acting as mediators between both parties to ensure a deal that can benefit both.
In other words, whether you are looking to sell a property or buy one, a real estate attorney can ensure the process goes smoothly and remains transparent for all involved. They will act as your advocates who will use extensive market knowledge that can carry a transaction from contract to closing. Some of the areas they can help you with include:
- Conducting a title search
- Ordering title insurance and examining it.
- Going through the purchase and sale agreements and disputing anomalies if any.
- Reviewing critical documents and paperwork.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings including ones for the final closing.
- Keeping track of and disbursing payment to appropriate individuals and parties.
- Negotiating on their client’s behalf
- Making contractual changes if necessary.
And much more.
A real estate attorney from our law firm can remain a vital resource way after a sale has been closed. If you wish to look into the tax benefits you can get from being a property owner or wish to develop a commercial property, we can help you understand and take action on available options. Whether you require an advocate who can deal with mortgage conveyance, asset protection or estate planning for you, get in touch with us today.
Do you really want to go through mountains of complex paperwork and negotiations that is an inherent part of a real estate transaction? Will you have the time to? Wouldn’t you rather spend that time enjoying your assets and thinking of more ways to expand your portfolio? A skilled and experienced attorney from our law firm can take your matters in his/her hands quickly and efficiently so you don’t have to.
This includes finalizing a purchase agreement that can protect your best interests. This agreement is a legal contract that contains all of the vital terms and conditions that pertain to your real estate transaction. Plus, it has to be in writing, it has to be signed by the seller and buyer, it has to include an offer to sell/purchase, the sale price and it should also have a detailed description of the property.
Since Illinois is an attorney-review state, you are legally obligated to have a lawyer present to look over the agreement whether you are selling or buying. The typical duration for review of such agreements is five days.
In case the attorneys fail to come to an agreement during this time, both you and the other party can walk away from it without incurring penalties. After that, the attorneys can review the agreement again and suggest modifications on any part of the contract but not the fees for the brokers and the purchase price. The amendments are usually proposed after an inspection of the property which is why the review duration and the inspection happens within the same time frame.
Whatever the case may be, you should have an attorney in your corner who can speak on your behalf and ensure you get the fairest deal possible.
The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C. is fully equipped to assist you with an array of property-related legal concerns. Call our offices now at (630) 946-6060 to learn more about the real estate law services available to you.